It is time to change the way we think about, talk about, and address our mental health. All of us are affected by conditions that are invisible and cause us emotional pain and suffering – healing and recovery is possible and likely. Thursday, July 7, 2016, at the National Press Club, Edelman, the George W. Bush Institute and Give an Hour come together to discuss mental health in America.
Keynote Address by The Honorable Dr. David J. Shulkin, Under Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs as we unveil this new research and host a compelling discussion with an esteemed panel moderated by Gregg Zoroya of USA TODAY. Take a moment to read a related USA TODAY article.
- Brian J. Duffy, Senior Vice Commander-In-Chief, VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars)
- Kana Enomoto, Principal Deputy Administrator, SAMHSA (Substance Abused and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Andrea Inserra, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Barbara Van Dahlen, Ph.D., Founder and President, Give an Hour
- Col. Miguel Howe, USA (ret.), Director, Bush Institute Military Service Initiative
- Elisa Vitalo, Vice President, Edelman Intelligence