across our nation and around the world,
we provide those in need with help and hope.
We offer those who care the
opportunity to give.
Give an Hour®’s mission is to develop national networks of volunteer professionals capable of responding to both acute and chronic conditions that arise within our society. Since 2005 we have focused on providing free and confidential mental health care to those who serve, our veterans, and their families. We have since expanded our efforts to address the mental health needs of other populations. Through the generosity, compassion, and expertise of Give an Hour’s skilled volunteers, we are able to increase the likelihood that those in need receive the support and care they deserve.
We are proud to announce that Give an Hour® has received a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator and the 2020 Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guidestar! Attaining these ratings indicates that Give an Hour exceeds industry standards and outperforms most nonprofits in our area of focus. These are exceptional designations from Charity Navigator and Guidestar that sets Give an Hour apart from its peers and demonstrates to the public its trustworthiness.
Give an Hour® exists for those who don’t have access to compassionate mental health care. Licensed mental health providers have joined Give an Hour® to change the direction of mental health and volunteer to provide direct services.
Nationally we support:
- Those currently serving in the military, veterans (regardless of discharge status, deployment status, or era of service), and their families
- Those affected by natural disasters or man-made traumas
Regionally we support:
- Give an Hour provides access to no cost mental health care for specific populations, starting with active duty, guard and reserve, veterans and loved ones. Our network of licensed mental health professionals offer one-on-one support to Give an Hour clients through in-person, phone or virtual therapy.
- Give an Hour is the backbone of the Campaign to Change Direction, an initiative working to change the culture about mental health, mental illness, and wellness.
- Give an Hour delivers the Emotional Life Skills℠ (ELS) program, which empowers community members to better care for themselves and those they love through mental health literacy and education developed to support participant’s emotional well-being.
One hour a week can truly make a difference in someone’s life. If you are a licensed mental health professional carrying malpractice insurance, click below to visit our registration page for additional information on how you can serve as a provider in the Give an Hour® network.
Give an Hour welcomes volunteers who would like to share their expertise including design and layout, business acumen, Spanish translation skills to assist with outreach, administrative services, and more. Click below to be directed to our volunteer page.