Join Give an Hour's Mental Health Professional Network
Giving Back. For Life.
Who are we
A Give an Hour Network Mental Health Professional is licensed and accepts Give an Hour program participants into their practice. MHP’s hold or use one session per week for those with significant barrier to mental health services; including financial inability to pay. By doing so, the Give an Hour MHP decentralizes community mental health support systems and increases the opportunity for those who may not receive care to find the help they need.
What we do
Give an Hour MHP’s have the flexibility to choose to accept as many or as few clients as they wish. Access the portal and update availability at any time. Build your cultural competence, collaborate with and meet new colleagues, and your mental health practice – all while donating time back to your community.
MHP’s who are not currently licensed or interested in offering clinical care can still serve with Give an Hour. Contact Us to learn more about ways to participate outside of clinical services.
Curate, Contribute & Connect
Rules of the Road
- GAH mental health professionals must have graduated from a mental health masters program and hold a current and active license in the state in which they practice. Provisional licensure is accepted!
- All Give an Hour MHP’s must carry appropriate liability and malpractice insurance.
- Give an Hour MHP’s must be committed to excellence, integrity, and curiosity – seeking the best for their professional skills and those they serve.
- GAH MHP’s must be available to support one current pro bono client to accept paid referrals in the network
Enough Talk, Let's Help
Terms of Service
By registering with Give an Hour you agree:
- You are a licensed mental health professional in good standing for the last two consecutive years in the state in which you are practicing.
- If you are provisionally licensed, you must have an appropriate supervisor before joining the network. Provisionally licensed providers must also provide supervisor information to clients see through the Give an Hour network.
- For clients who indicate inability to pay, you will offer mental health support or treatment at no charge, on an ongoing basis to each client you accept. Give an Hour providers must be available for a pro-bono client, or currently seeing a pro-bono client in order to be listed for clients who have means to pay. Violation of this policy will result in network removal.
- You will provide mental health services only in areas you are qualified to practice.
- You have sufficient malpractice insurance coverage in place.
- You will notify Give an Hour if you are ever subject to disciplinary action or any other change in professional status within 30 days.
- You will update your profile status when you receive a client referral, when you need to report hours and when your schedule is full and you are not currently accepting new Give an Hour clients.
- You will update your contact and license information when necessary and respond within 5 business days to all inquiries regarding your services.
- You understand Give an Hour disclaims all warranties and liabilities regarding its clients and are aware we do not pre-screen clients. You will be provided with general information when a referral is requested.
- You will take all precautions to ensure your relationship with your client(s) is safe and successful.
- You will conduct your practice using the highest ethical standards and respect and honor the dignity and individuality of those who seek your assistance.
- You will follow all mandatory reporting guidelines set by your state and licensing board.
- Give an Hour reserves the right to terminate your participation in our network with or without cause at any time.
MHP’s Register Here
Grab your license information & fill out the 5-minute form below. After you create your login and verify your email, you will be asked to provide information that will be used in your public profile. If you have any issues using the registration, please email email@example.com