Skip to main content

Rural Assistance Center

The Rural Assistance Center (RAC) helps rural communities and other rural stakeholders access the full range of available programs, funding, and research.

How can healthcare providers, counselors, social workers, and clergy help rural veterans who are in need of healthcare, behavioral health, or disability related services? 

Healthcare providers and other professionals wanting to help rural veterans in need of healthcare and related services can encourage veterans to apply for veterans health benefits if they have not already done so. The Veterans Affairs Health Benefits website provides information about health benefits, eligibility requirements, and the forms for enrolling in VA healthcare.

Healthcare providers can form a partnership with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and provide services to rural veterans as a non-VA facility if their facility meets the requirements of the Veterans Choice Program. The FAQ What opportunities are there for rural healthcare facilities to collaborate with the VA? provides more specific information on this topic.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.