WWP aides service members who have incurred a service-connected wound, injury, or illness of the mind, body, or spirit on or after September 11, 2001, and Give an Hour providers volunteer their time to attend in support of these service members. WWP provides 18 adventure-based programs including Project Odyssey™ Retreats.
Give an Hour and Wounded Warrior Project Partnership
Using an adventure learning program model, these retreats help Wounded Warriors reach the following goals:
- Recognize combat and operational stress and PTS as invisible wounds of war
- Find ways to connect with their peers and community
- Serve as a gateway to counseling
- Learn about mental health resources in their area and how to get access to a therapist
Give an Hour providers volunteer to attend Project OdysseyTM retreats to:
- Support Warriors by co-participating in the adventure activities
- Provide psycho-education in individual and/or group formate
- Facilitate group discussions processing the retreat activities
- Conduct one-on-one consultations as needed with retreat attendees.
Become a Give an Hour Volunteer Provider
We are actively seeking volunteers to join this program. WWP will cover transportation and lodging expenses. In addition, Give an Hour will thank providers with an honorarium. If you are a licensed clinician who has experience working with military and veteran populations, are in good physical condition, have provided trauma treatment, and have a thorough understanding of military culture and its impact on warriors and/or their families, please register as a GAH provider and mark that you are interested in the WWP partnership. Provider Registration
If you are already a provider, please update your profile to indicate your interest in the program. Provider Login
Contact Robert Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about opportunities to get involved.